Website AC Transit
AC Transit is actively searching for candidates for the position of Assistant Transportation Planner. Under immediate supervision, provides assistance to Service Planning staff in the development and implementation of service changes by participating in planning efforts and coordinating bus stop adjustments with local jurisdictions and internal stakeholders. Typical activities include the identification of issues, collection, analysis and reporting of data; the preparation and presentation of oral and written reports, and general responsibility for planning bus stop changes, including shepherding those changes through the approval and implementation process.
- Supports Service Planning aspects of bus stop program including identifying and vetting stop locations for route or service change proposals, shepherding stop and layover proposals through jurisdictional permitting processes, and working with internal stakeholders to translate stop/layover proposals into in-service reality
- Monitors current service levels; identifies potential areas for study, and may prepares cost analysis.
- Responds orally and in writing to requests from the public, staff, governmental agencies, advisory committees and community groups, for information regarding existing services, suggested service adjustments, and long-range planning issues.
- Prepares statistical charts, maps, and other documents to accompany studies, reports, and presentations.
- Provides assistance as directed to the preparation of transportation and service delivery studies including route analysis, boarding and alighting studies, and the capital planning process.
- Provides assistance as directed for the preparation of a variety of complex transportation planning studies and written reports that may include documentation of service performance; service analyses; recommendations for service enhancements; and discussion of pertinent issues.
- Provides assistance as directed to the preparation of oral presentations on transportation and other service related issues to the Board of Directors, staff, service users, governmental agencies, advisory committees, and community groups.
- Analyzes technical, demographic, economic, and financial data used for assessing route and schedule changes, as well as related service enhancements; and provides expertise to planning staff in the development of recommendations for change.
- Collects data, develops and implements surveys, and may participate in or supervise field studies.
- May meet with local authorities, consultants, and transit groups to exchange transit information, under supervision, and as part of a District planning team.
- Completion of an internship in transportation planning, or six (6) months experience in a transportation planning environment is desirable.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in City and Regional Planning, Urban Studies, Public Administration, Business, Finance, Economics, Political Science, Geography, or a closely related field.
Company: AC Transit
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A