The Accommodation Consultant (AC) will work directly with employees and senior leadership in providing ADA accommodations. The AC will be the primary contact for the employee as they proceed through the accommodation process. This role expects exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and a customer service focus that employees expect from Amazon.
- Educate and train employees and HR on aspects of accommodation, return to work process and case complexities.
- Maintain current status with case load that will fluctuate during periods of high volume such as peak, prime day, new site launches, staffing changes, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the accommodations process as well as state and federal disability laws
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in other activities, projects and other growth initiatives within the DLS program
- Provide end-to-end case management including engaging the employee, vendors, work location and other stakeholders
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Intermediate experience working with Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- PHR and/or CPDM certification
- 1+ years of experience managing case or providing support to employees on disability, leave of absences, human resources, customer service or employee relations functions
- Computer operating and database management skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment with minimal direct supervision
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work with all levels of business
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A