Website AMC Theatres
Supervise and coordinate operations of the kitchen (in a casual-dining environment) to achieve AMC’s goals. Provide leadership and development, and communicate expectations to all back-of-house associates in a professional and safe work environment.
- Validate entire crew’s adherence to recipes to ensure consistent food quality and presentation.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to back-of-house staff members.
- Maintaining equipment supplies and contacting vendors for repairs as necessary.
- Ensure prep lists are generated daily so appropriate amounts of prepared products are available at all times.
- Display effective oral and written communication skills to provide clear direction, resolve disagreements, influence strong performance, and produce clear and concise documentation with minimal supervision.
- Ensure Line checks are completed twice daily to validate food safe temperatures, ingredient quality and readiness for volume. Develop and coach associates through review of their completed line checks.
- Schedule back-of-house associates within company scheduling parameters.
- Complete essential kitchen functions and ensure tasks are completed timely.
- Manage work environments that achieve high levels of job satisfaction among team members.
- Confirm the usage of the pull thaw to ensure frozen items are safely thawed.
- Minimum of six months supervisory or commensurate leadership experience.
- Age 18 or older.
- 6 months of food handling experience.
- Ability to obtain any required food or alcohol service licenses or certifications (e.g. T.I.P.S.).
Qualification & Experience:
- One year “line” experience in a high-volume kitchen.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and take control during high-demand business circumstances.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Completed Allergen training.
- Proficiency in MS Suite.
- Current and relevant knowledge and trends of the food service industry.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Kitchen and food safety training (ServSafe or equivalent).
- Certified as a ServSafe instructor and proctor.
- One year experience in kitchen operations and execution.
Company: AMC Theatres
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Ontario, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A