Website American Airlines
The work of the Plant Maintenance Mechanic – Stationary Operating Engineer classification includes the following: repair, maintenance, trouble shooting, overhaul or operation of boilers, chillers, water cooled air systems, energy management systems, boiler distribution and/or gas line plumbing valves, large air compressors, exhaust controls, indoor airspace heating systems, climate controls and all other ancillary equipment associated with Central Utility Plant operations. Works according to Company regulations and procedures and instruction from Crew Chief or supervisor. Completes forms connected with his work assignments according to established procedures and will communicate with other Company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance to AA Safety Guidelines
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and days-off
- Valid state driver’s license
- High School diploma or GED
- Possess the applicable state or city license.
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language or language native to geographical location
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Possess a current NYC Stationary High Pressure Boiler Operating Engineer License.
- Thirty-six months (36) or more experience as a stationary engineer
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A