Website American Airlines
- The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the TWU/IAM Fleet Employee Association.
- Fleet Service Agents perform the handling of items on and off aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks; transporting items between terminals and aircraft; receiving, delivering, weighing and documenting of cargo in a cargo specific facility (warehouse) or a loading dock area.
- The cleaning and servicing of aircraft interiors, including cabin cockpit and lavatories; checking, handling, assembling, removing and installing passenger service cabin furnishings and supplies according to check list specifications.
- Transporting furnishings and supplies to and from aircraft interiors.
- The filling of fuel truck from storage tanks, driving fuel truck and servicing aircraft and ground equipment as required. May require monitoring and maintenance of aircraft fuel and oil tanks by taking stick readings and checking fuel truck meter.
- External servicing of the aircraft including lavatory, potable water, external electricity, air start, and preconditioned air; includes checking all fluid levels.
- Arrival and departure activities of aircraft including cleaning aircraft windshield; pushing, towing and related guide person functions.
- Pick-up and delivery as indicated: mail at mail facility, baggage in bag room; cargo at the cargo facility or staging areas.
- May be required to operate a bus and/or forklift.
- Reads and fills out legibly, documents and forms necessary to the operational requirements of the airline. Includes ability to perform data entry.
- Operation and maintenance of fuel storage facilities including ordering and checking deliveries of fuel and oil. Assisting in loading, unloading and racking both filled and empty drums.
- De-icing aircraft. May be required to work at heights while de-icing of aircraft
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Ability to obtain jet bridge certification
- Lift, load, unload, and transport bags and cargo to/from aircraft’s, bag carts, and conveyor belts
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Good communication skills
- People-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer skills
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A