Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Raleigh is a growing agency working to respond to a rise in requests for assistance throughout eastern and central North Carolina. Across the agency, new and innovative programs are being explored to expand and improve the way services are delivered. Increased agency capacity is critical to ensuring success for these future plans. The AmeriCorps VISTA will work towards building agency capacity by expanding our communication structure and developing and/or strengthening regional community relations. The AmeriCorps VISTA will work on projects to increase brand awareness through social media, volunteer recruitment materials, and engagement with regional partner organizations. Increased brand awareness, particularly at the regional level, will create greater localized knowledge of our services with donors, inspiring new and increased donations, allowing us to assist more families in the communities we serve. This VISTA position is a part of Catholic Charities USA’s Family Strengthening Program, a national intermediary project. As a member, you will meet virtually with VISTA Leaders and other VISTAs serving throughout the country, all focused on alleviating poverty.
- The VISTA Communication specialist will
- capture content for the agency’s online presence including: website, social media, and email communications.
- Develop printed marketing materials including: brochures, newsletters, and fundraising materials.
- Craft ideas for creative marketing campaigns.
- Create volunteer recruitment materials.
- Travel to regional offices throughout central and eastern North Carolina to interview staff and clients for stories.
- Promote and attend agency fundraising and program events.
- Assist with media coverage, public service announcements, and other public relations engagements. And
- Develop relationships with partner agencies to increase collaborative communications. Proficiency in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Fund raising/Grant Writing , Writing/Editing , Computers/Technology , Community Organization , Communications , Public Speaking .
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A