Website The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). As an Archives Technician, you will be performing non-professional, quasi-professional and technical work that supports access to archival holdings and physical and intellectual control over records at the Clinton Presidential Library.
- Independently evaluate the physical condition of records.
- Determine and/or carry out the appropriate preservation and holding maintenance actions for all record formats.
- Provide written or oral “first-line” reference assistance and consultation, responding to all forms of inquiry concerning NARA’s archival holdings, in original or surrogate format, by using complex finding aid systems and related archival sources, in both electronic and analog formats.
- Greet visitors, assist with registration and conduct orientation briefings for onsite researchers.
Qualification & Experience:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form i-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
Company: The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: College Park, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A