Website US Army Corps of Engineers
This position is with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Galveston District, Engineering and Construction Division, Engineering Branch, located in Galveston, TX.
- Responsible for the investigation and reporting of construction materials and concrete mix designs and makes recommendations to construction personnel regarding the suitability of proposed materials and mix proportions.
- Work closely with the Section’s Project Lead Structural Engineers in planning projects and preparing project schedules and budgets.
- Serve as Structural Section Chief with responsibility for supervision of the, structural engineering design work of the flood control, navigation, and coastal protection projects under jurisdiction of the District.
- Responsible for the technical adequacy in all matters related to structural engineering which presents numerous problems of significant depth and, complexity.
- You will work under the general supervision of the Branch Chief, wherein work is assigned on a functional basis with responsibility for planning, coordinating, and accomplishing assignments vested in the position
- Responsibility for the technical sufficiency and conformance to criteria of the structural engineering design portions of reports, design memoranda, and contract plans and specifications.
- Meet with and/or attends conferences with architect-engineer firms, local interests, customer representatives, higher echelon officials, and others to furnish authoritative technical data and advice regarding structural engineering design matters.
- If selected, the agency will provide information regarding what documentation is needed and how to request any legally required exceptions from this requirement.
- This position is supervisory as defined by the Office of Personnel Management’s (OPM) General Schedule Supervisory Guide (GSSG). A one-year probation to assess your ability to perform supervisory duties is required unless previously completed
- Pursuant to EO 14043, all Federal employees, regardless of duty location or work arrangement, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 22, 2021, or before entrance on duty if after November 22, subject to exceptions as required by law.
- This position is an Army Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (AT and L) Workforce position.
- Must submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, upon entering the position and annually.
- Professional Engineer Registration is required.
- Proof of vaccination will be required. To ensure compliance with this mandate, review the vaccination requirements, to include timelines for receiving required doses, at the following: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- You must obtain Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Level II certification within 24 months of entrance on duty.
Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Galveston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A