Industry Operations Investigator (IOI) positions are with the Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF) in the Office of Field Operations (FO) Nationwide.
- Document and report discrepancies revealed from examining records and inventories; including evidence of falsification of records and inventories, suspicious purchases or potential trafficking uncovered in firearm transaction records reviewed.
- Prepare reports detailing the facts found to document firearms licensee or explosives licensee/permittee is operating in accordance with the laws/regulations, and make recommendations for further necessary action.
- Verify inventories utilizing intelligence databases to analyze records and examine business operations.
- Conduct investigations of firearms licensees and explosives licensees/permittees; investigations/inspections involving analyzing records, and referring leads identified involving firearms & explosives thefts to ATF Special Agents for further investigation.
- Must sign a mobility agreement.
- Must possess current/valid automobile operators license.
- Background investigation, credit check, and drug test are required.
- Time-in-Grade: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
- Successful completion of the “IOI” Basic Training Program.
- You must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
- If selected, you may be required to complete a one year probationary period.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement and before placement in the position.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A