Website Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)
This position is located in the Human Resources and Professional Development, Human Resources Division, Classification & Position Management Branch, Washington, DC.
The Classification and Position Management Branch is responsible for position management/position classification providing professional reviews, analyses, recommendations, and final actions regarding substantive position management/position classification, and employee recognition.
- Serves as a technical expert on position classification by providing advice and assistance to management and employees in the resolution of position classification in the professional, scientific, administrative, technical, and other fields.
- Exercises delegated classification authority to analyze and classify a variety of positions to the proper title, series, and grade.
- Interprets and applies classification standards and supplemental guidelines. Conducts desks audits and supervisory audits on-site or via telephone or video conference.
- Analyzes information gathered during audits, conducts analyses and writes evaluation statements. Conducts job analyses using subject matter experts to determine the job criteria.
- Provides management advisory services on conducting desk audits, proposed reorganizations, position management, and other classification issues or problems.
- Prepares reports concerning classification activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Explores alternative courses of action with management in an attempt to satisfy management needs while adhering to sound classification and position management principles
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Suitable for Federal employment determined by background investigation.
- Must be registered or exempt from the Selective Service. See www.sss.gov
- May be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Company: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A