Under the direction of the Supervising Investigator I, the Investigation and Enforcement Unit (IEU), the Division of Investigation (DOI), the incumbent independently conducts the most sensitive, complex, and diverse administrative, civil, and criminal investigations against the vocational and professional licensees of the boards and bureaus within the Department of Consumer Affairs and those individuals required to be licensed by the department.
Applicants who are being considered for positions assigned Peace Officer status are required to meet the provisions of California Penal Code Section 832 et. seq., and complete training courses as prescribed by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST). This Investigator position is assigned Peace Officer status.
Successful candidates who have already met the POST training requirements will be appointed on a permanent, full-time basis. Successful candidates who have not met the POST training requirements will be appointed on a limited-term, full-time basis. Upon successful completion of the required POST training, the limited-term incumbent will be appointed to the Investigator position on a permanent, full-time basis.
- The position(s) require(s) a valid California Drivers License (CDL). You must answer the questions addressing your CDL on your application. Ensure you provide your CDL number, class, expiration date, and any endorsements and/or restrictions.
- The position(s) require(s) a Background Investigation be cleared prior to being hired.
- The position(s) require(s) Psychological Evaluation clearance prior to being hired.
- The position(s) require(s) Medical Clearance prior to being hired.
- • 4 year degree with a major in criminal justice, law enforcement, administration of justice, police science, criminology, or a comparable field of study
• Law enforcement experience
• Possession of a Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Certificate of Completion from Basic Academy or Specialized Basic Investigators’ Certificate of Completion.
Company: Bureau of Cannabis Control
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A