Website City of Beaumont
Responsible for collecting containerized yard waste and/or curbside recycling (approximately 50 lbs.) by hand from residential houses at the curb on predetermined routes; drives a solid waste collection vehicle such as a rear loader, side loader, recycling truck, bobtail trash truck, or tractor/trailer trash truck; performs daily maintenance on trucks.
- Delivers, picks up and services 90 gallon garbage containers and/or 24 gallon recycling containers; cuts grass; performs general ground and building maintenance; assists other divisions as necessary. Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title.
- They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Works outdoors and is exposed to extreme cold, heat, and temperature swings; is exposed to extreme and constant noise; is exposed to mechanical hazards, fumes/odors, dust/mites, and chemicals.
- Considerable knowledge of the operating characteristics and servicing of one or more types of assigned equipment; considerable knowledge of applicable traffic laws, ordinances and regulations involved in the operation of assigned equipment; knowledge of the work hazards and applicable safety precautions associated with assigned equipment.
- Skill in the operation and servicing of assigned equipment.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and skillfully in and around traffic, construction sites and work areas; ability to make minor operating adjustments and repairs and to recognize operating deficiencies in assigned equipment; ability to use hand tools including pitch fork and mechanic’s wrenches; ability to perform manual labor; ability to lead a small work crew; ability to work with the public; ability to read and write and to follow oral and written instructions; ability to perform simple mathematical calculations; ability to make decisions.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred; one (1) year experience in the operation and servicing of heavy trucks preferred.
Company: City of Beaumont
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A