Website Bureau of Land Management
This position is assigned to the BLM Utah State Office, located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Information about the surrounding area may be found by selecting the link location. At management’s discretion this position may be physically located in any BLM State, District, or Field office within the State of Utah. Negotiable after selection.
- Establishes and coordinates internal and external wildland fire prevention and mitigation programs.
- Manages program goals and objectives.
- Assists with budget formulation and execution of the program.
- Develops, presents and evaluates fire education training, exhibits, and information.
- Coordinates fire investigation courses for field units and other federal agencies.
- Provides management, policy and coordination of the statewide fire investigation program.
- Collects, analyzes and interprets fire occurrence data to develop preventions plans.
- Ensures that a scientific methodology is used to determine the cause and origin of a wildfire.
- Develops, implements and reviews fire trespass policies and procedures.
- Oversees and tracks fire trespass cases.
- Provides guidance and assistance on wildland fire prevention and mitigation programs to the field, the public and to interagency cooperators.
- Coordinates with natural resource and fire specialists to provide program expertise and materials to all supported programs.
- Coordinates regularly with law enforcement, line managers, solicitor? offices, budget and fire business specialists and civil authorities on cost-recovery efforts.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Be sure to read the How to Apply and Required Documents Sections.
- You cannot hold an active real estate license: nor can you have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Lands.
- Direct Deposit Required.
- Appointment will be subject to a favorably adjudicated background/suitability investigation/determination.
- Your resume must contain enough information to show that you meet the qualification requirements as defined in the announcement. In addition, your responses to the questions must adequately reflect in your resume.
- An applicant appointed to this position must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license while employed in this position.
- May require completion of a one year probationary period.
- Government facilities are required to provide a smoke free environment for their employees. Smoking will be permitted only in designated areas.
Company: Bureau of Land Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A