Website Bureau of Land Management
The position location will be negotiable after selection. Temporary promotion will be for a period not-to-exceed 13-months. This temporary promotion may be extended without further competition; however it may not exceed a total of five (5) years. The salary listed on this announcement is the “Rest of U.S. Locality Pay Table” for 2021. Actual salary will depend upon your duty location.
- Serves as Bureau-wide expert in assigned program area, i.e. Classification and Compensation. Develops and leads BLM-wide-execution of program.
- Serves as the Human Capital Information Management Advisor: Manages assigned programs/projects and develops criteria for the efficient integration and delivery of human capital management (HCM) data and information across the BLM organization.
- Provides expert advice and recommendations to upper management officials in the BLM and DOI on policies, regulations and developing issues affecting all facets of HCM. Evaluates assigned program/project progress and capacity.
- Serves as the Bureau Classification Appeals Officer.
- Evaluates assigned program/project progress and capacity.
- Reviews requests for compensation flexibilities such as special pay rates, dual compensation waiver requests, and recruitment/retention/relocation incentives ensuring adherence to regulations, laws and policies.
- Consults with other senior BLM management and staff officials and DOI level experts or work groups to establish or revise program/project objectives, methodology, and timelines.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Be sure to read the How to Apply and Required Documents Sections.
- You cannot hold an active real estate license: nor can you have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Lands.
- Direct Deposit Required.
- Appointment will be subject to a favorably adjudicated background/suitability investigation/determination.
- Your resume must contain enough information to show that you meet the qualification requirements as defined in the announcement. In addition, your responses to the questions must adequately reflect in your resume.
- May require a one year probationary period.
Company: Bureau of Land Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A