Website Bureau of Land Management
This position is located in BLM Oregon State Office, in the Division of Management Services.
- This position is responsible for performing work that involves establishing, investigating, and reestablishing land and property boundaries for descriptions of tracts of land. The incumbent must use extensive professional knowledge of the concepts, principles, and techniques of surveying including underlying mathematics and physical science, in combination with knowledge of land ownership laws and supervises a highly technical, professional and administrative staff who perform field and/or office section duties related to Land Surveying.
- This position is located in the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Oregon State Office, Division of Management Services, Branch of Geographic Services, Cadastral Survey Section 1, and serves to provide duties related to field and office land surveying work. The Cadastral Survey Program is responsible for the survey and re-survey of all Federal interests on public lands.
- The incumbent in this position will be a State Office public relations contact concerning major boundary surveys, land ownership issues, and other legal and technical matters related to Federal interest lands that affect the recognized Indian Nations, Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), U.S. Forest Service (FS), Bureau of Reclamation (BOR), National Park Service (NPS) and all other Federal agencies within his/her assigned geographic area.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- May be required to complete background investigation.
- You may be required to obtain and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- You cannot hold an active real estate license, nor can you have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Lands.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must provide resume and supporting documents (See required documents).
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
Company: Bureau of Land Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A