Website Bureau of Land Management
This position is located in Palm Springs Field Office. Information about Palm Springs and the surrounding area can be found at Palm Springs Chamber of Commerce.
- Makes independent decisions on technical matters based on current standard practices and techniques, and the work is performed largely without direct supervision.
- Operates heavy equipment in support of fire suppression activities on fire lines and to reclaim burned land.
- Assists in the completion of annual property inventories and/or reviews.
- Operates vehicles that may be equipped with auxiliary attachments such as plows, blades, blowers, mowers, sweepers, or sanding units.
- Operates gasoline or diesel powered engineering and construction equipment with wheeled or crawler type traction in all types of terrain environments.
- Completes minor maintenance projects such as cleaning culverts and ditches; clearing brush and other debris from roads and/or fire lines; installing cattle guards, culverts, signs, and/or fences; removing snow, etc.
- Your resume must contain enough information to show that you meet the qualification requirements as defined in the announcement. In addition, your responses to the questions must adequately reflect in your resume.
- Appointment will be subject to a favorably adjudicated background/suitability investigation/determination.
- You must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Class A, B or C endorsement.
- You cannot hold an active real estate license; nor can you have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Land
- You must pass a pre-employment physical.
- Direct Deposit Required..
Company: Bureau of Land Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Palm Springs, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A