Website Bonneville Power Administration
This position is located in the Transmission Grid Modeling (TPMG), Communications & Grid Modeling (TPM), Planning & Asset Management (TP), Transmission Services (T) Organization, Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). The incumbent is responsible for working with the Area Coordinator and Sub-Area Coordinators to develop a NW area transmission model for submittal to the Western Electric Coordinating Council (WECC).
- Serve as point of contact for outside utilities and BPA organizations for the acquisition, analysis, and delivery of base case information.
- Develop the Operational / ATC base cases used in the determination of System Operating Limits (SOLs) and Existing Transmission Commitments (ETCs).
- Work as a team member in the Transmission Grid Modeling group to assist in resolving problems associated with utilities’ data submittals for use in the WECC base case development process for the NW control area which includes equipment ratings and other equipment modeling parameters.
- Maintain TPMG’s Master Database used to build base cases with updates received from both internal and external sources.
- Establish and maintain a voltage profile in various transmission models that reflect current operating practices as dispatched at the BPA control center.
- Establish and maintain several generation profiles that are used in the various transmission models that reflect current operating practices through each season.
- Ensures representative transmission models are used or developed for accurate steady-state power flow and dynamic transient stability simulations.
- Develop sound engineering solutions to technical study questions related to WECC transmission, load and generation models.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- After employment, this position may be subject to periodic physical examinations, as prescribed by competent medical authority and at BPA expense, if exposed to health hazards.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- The salary is based on a Special Rate Table, Number 0754: https://apps.opm.gov/SpecialRates/
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This position has been designated as requiring a PUBLIC TRUST background. A preliminary background check must be completed before a new employee can begin work.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- This position has been designated as requiring a PUBLIC TRUST background. Current Federal employees or other individuals with an existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation.
- Occasionally called outside regularly scheduled hours for consultation. At times must come in to give assistance in correcting problems. May be required to participate in an after-hours on-call rotation.
Company: Bonneville Power Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A