Website Bonneville Power Administration
This position is located in the Real-Time Trading and Scheduling (PTFR), Trading Floor (PTF) group of the Bulk Marketing (PT) organization within the Power Services (PS) business line of the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). The purpose of this position is to provide support and execute PTFR marketing and scheduling activities to ensure financial and operational objectives and reliability requirements are adhered to at all times during the 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Implement and support Demand Response products and contracts.
- Perform the daily scheduling of power.
- Monitor Transfer Customer Loads and available transmission to execute optimal marketing and scheduling strategies.
- Coordinate scheduling activities as appropriate with customers and scheduling agents.
- Proactively reviews and improves PTFR business practices and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Perform the resale of surplus BPA PT transmission and manage curtailments and resupplies.
- Use information to stay abreast of energy markets and Federal Columbia River Power System (FCRPS) operational flexibility and obligations.
- Proactively monitor markets and actively participate in discussions that optimize trading opportunities.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Standards of Conduct (SOC): The incumbent is required to have a working knowledge of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Standards of Conduct (SOC) to ensure fair competition in the open access transmission market though compliance with its basic principles. The FERC SOC basic principles require BPA’s Transmission Function employees and its affiliated Power Merchant Function employees to function independently and abide by non-discriminatory information access and prohibited disclosure regulations for transmission-related information that is not equally available to all customers. In addition, the incumbent is required to complete BPA’s mandatory SOC training.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- This position is subject to FERC SOC non-discrimination rules and restrictions prohibiting disclosure of certain information to Power Merchant Function.
- ROTATING 12-HR SHIFT WORK IS REQUIRED.
- Hiring incentives may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate based on budget availability and in accordance with federal regulations.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Must possess good computer aptitude and the ability to effectively develop and use computer spreadsheets. Stays abreast of Microsoft Office products to support Scheduling, including e-mails and calendar and preparing reports in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Company: Bonneville Power Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A