Website Bureau of Labor Statistics
The Bureau of Labor Statistics measures labor market activity, working conditions, price changes, and productivity in the U.S. economy to support public and private decision making. The position is located in a Division in the Office of Field Operations (OFO), Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Serves as an expert in the review, analysis, and assessment on the methods and procedures related to economic surveys in the Economist’s assignment area.
- Serves as a program expert and communicates, coordinates, develops, and implements changes to survey operations and procedures and systems. Program manual development, updating, memorandum writing, memorandum clearances, and maintaining intranet content are critical to these efforts.
- Develops and tests revisions to program’s data design, data collection methods, and related program support activities. Analyzes test results, recommends adjustments and revisions to the data design and collection methods/procedures as needed. Directs the implementation and training of the new or revised methods. Monitors data quality and cost information.
- Reviews collection procedures, operating instructions and collection instruments for new surveys or major modifications to existing surveys to assess the impact of these initiatives on operational feasibility, resource utilization, and staff development. Assesses these complex technical matters as they serve the objective of developing data suitable for the analysis of the economic events or conditions being considered.
- Serves as the focal point for regional staff and functions as their liaison with BLS National Office staff on all matters, questions, and problems related to the assigned surveys. Answers questions, solves collection problems as they arise, and/or insures timely and effective response by appropriate technical personnel in the National Office. Is responsible for the initiation of program memoranda that are in the National Office’s control. Insures the memoranda prepared in other offices conform to existing protocols, are accurately written, and processed correctly through the clearance and distribution process.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and at least 16 years of age.
- Requires a probationary period if the requirement has not been met.
- Appointment to this position may require a background investigation.
- A writing sample may be required at time of interview.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A