Website California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
Successfully completes required training as a condition of employment. Maintains the Arduous Fitness Standard in accordance with department policy. The incumbent is required to wear respiratory protection equipment, including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). As such, Cal/OSHA requires that the incumbent be annually medically cleared to be fit-tested for respiratory protection equipment. May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays. New appointments and transfers will require a two-year commitment.
- Provides direction and supervision consistent with the Department’s Strategic Plan to Battalion Chiefs and staff assigned to Training and Safety, Emergency Command Center, Personnel, Finance, Fleet Management, and the Service Center.
- Assures the Unit’s administration is consistent with all state laws, regulations, department policies and procedures. *Coordinates all fiscal activities within the Unit, preparing quarterly reports, mid-year and year-end reconciliation of the Unit’s operating and personnel services budgets.
- Manages the Unit’s annual operating budget. *Supervises the Unit’s finance section, ensuring compliance with state laws, policies and procedures. *Monitors and audits all expenditures and operating expenses, utilizing
- AFAS and Fi$cal, related to the operation of 12 state fire stations, seven local government fire stations, one Air Attack Base, one Helitack Base, and Gabilan Conservation Camp.
- Under the direction of the Unit Chief, the Assistant Chief (Administrative Officer) is in charge of and responsible for the following programs within the Unit: Personnel, Finance, Fleet Management, Emergency Command Center, Training and Safety, and the Service Center..
Company: California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Monterey, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A