Website California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
This series specification describes the work performed by six professional classes used throughout State service in a wide range of business service activities. Specialist positions within this series are nonsupervisory and typically perform the most complex professional business service work assigned to the specific level.
Function as the supervisor over three Material and Stores Specialist’s, and the lead over four contract Warehouse Workers in daily and weekly warehouse activities. Oversee the shipping, receiving, storage, and inventory control for AMU’s warehouses and facilities within the McClellan compound (6 buildings and 2 storage areas). Responsible for receiving, stocking, and/or delivering incoming supplies related to warehousing, and established procedures. Develop, implement, and maintain policy and procedures, including inventory system maintain supply inventory record keeping system to determine needed stock levels and ordering supplies. Determine efficient storage methods given available space. Identify surplus or shortages of stock. Assist with the disposal of property. Oversee the loading and unloading of trucks, freight cars, or other common carriers and the transporting of material to specified areas either by hand or by use of powered or nonpowered materials handling equipment.
- Telecommunications including landwire and radio/microwave.
- One year of technical experience beyond the Trainee level in one or a combination of the following:
- Equipment and supplies management including the preparation of purchase documents. or
- Building management including lease negotiation and problem resolution. or
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from college. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience in California state service applied toward this requirement must include one year performing the duties of a class at a level of responsibility equivalent to that of a Business Service Assistant Specialist.
Company: California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Crew
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A