This is a role in Global Actuarial Modeling (GAM) for the US Region. GAM is a part of Actuarial Resources which sits within Finance Management Group (FMG). GAM is responsible for delivering robust and scalable actuarial modeling solutions in accordance with enterprise & regional objectives, while adhering to MetLife’s actuarial coding and practice standards.
- Cash Flow Testing
- Actively engage with business partners across the organization to improve our reporting processes
- Oversee actuarial models that support the reporting of the following bases:
- Embedded Value
- Maintain a robust change management process around the actuarial models supporting US Actuarial and continue to enhance modelling capabilities.
- Risk Based Capital
- Engage with US Actuarial Team
- Asset Liability Management
- US GAAP
- Economic Capital
- Deep knowledge of statutory and GAAP reporting standards.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Poly Systems and/or Prophet software.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) or Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (FIA) preferred.
- Experience managing a team on cross functional transformation projects.
- 10+ years of experience within a financial or actuarial function
Qualification & Experience:
- At least three years working in a role relating to auditing, financial reporting, controls, and/or data management and reconciliation.
- Prior experience with the implementation of a new general ledger and providing evidence for SOX controls on account balances are preferred.
- Prior modelling experience a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with new LDTI US GAAP standards.
- Knowledge of Prophet modelling Software.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A