Are you someone that enjoys problem solving and putting customers first? Do you want to directly impact the lives of our customers? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you: We are actively hiring Customer Service Representatives for our MetLife Life product line on April 11th, 2022. After paid training, you will join the in-bound customer service team putting customers at the heart of all you do.
- Researches and responds to errors, application and contract discrepancies, and processing delays.
- Stays current with retail life markets and products to provide a high and accurate service level.
- Virtual roles predominately work from a home office with periodic visits to the assigned GCSO office as needed for team events, meetings, training, business continuity, etc.
- Answers and documents incoming calls from Financial Service Representatives and/or clients to respond to their inquiries and/or provide status updates and policy provisions of fixed and variable life products.
- Educates Financial Service Representatives on market requirements, processes, contract provisions, and life products.
- Researches special requests made by Financial Service Representatives and acts as a liaison between the representative and Life Operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must obtain FINRA Series 6 license within 90 days of hire – training and costs for the FINRA exam are covered by MetLife
- Ability to work during the hours of operation of 9:00 am – 6:30 pm Monday-Friday; must be flexible in regard to overtime & shift worked, which may change based on business needs.
- New hires should live a commutable distance from the site the role is posted in.
Qualification & Experience:
- Some additional educational experience or a trade or professional certification is preferred; Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance strongly preferred
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn and continuously develop functional knowledge and an understanding of company products as well as administrative, claims, underwriting and marketing functions.
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience or Product specific experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience
- Superb listening skills and professional oral & written communication skills with an ability to inspire trust and accountability though an empathetic communication style which promotes a quality image of MetLife.
- Strong computer/keyboard skills as well as solid math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A passion for serving customers and a personal commitment to following through in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Warwick, RI, US
Application Deadline: N/A