Website U.S. Customs and Border Protection
As our nation navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, CBP is committed to delivering our mission to safeguard America’s borders and enable legitimate trade and travel. Staffing mission critical positions remains a high priority. Be reassured that CBP is still hiring, despite potential hiring process step delays due to restrictions to in-person activities.
- Participating fully with the Director, PSD in conducting extensive evaluations of program goals and objectives and directing adjustments to assure each complies with rapidly changing and expanding agency mission.
- Representing CBP and OPR at national meetings, conferences, and symposia regarding the respective program area and assuring that OPR and CBP interests are considered and addressed.
- Serving as a liaison to the Department of Homeland Security personnel security community, as as the federal personnel security community at large.
- Evaluating performance of those supervised directly, including subordinate supervisors and serving as the reviewing official of performance evaluations completed by subordinate supervisors.
- Exercising broad executive level management authority in directing, managing, and overseeing assigned national program areas.
- The employee’s permanent duty station is located within the reasonable travel area surrounding the duty station of this vacancy; Or if applicable
- The area surrounding the duty station by which people reasonably travel back and forth from home to work; Or
- For employees who are detailed or temporarily promoted for more than 1 year to another duty location, the detailed or temporary duty location is considered to be the duty location of record for commuting area purposes. For employees detailed or temporarily promoted for less than one year, the permanent duty location is considered the duty location of record for commuting area purposes.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position
- CBP follows the DHS Drug-Free Workplace Plan for drug testing procedure
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with Selective Service
- Primary U.S. residency for at least three of the last five years (additional details below)
- You may be required to pass a background investigation
Company: U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A