Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
CDC is the nation’s health protection agency, working to keep America healthy, safe, and secure. As a global leader in public health, CDC works to respond, contain, and eliminate disease. Whether we are protecting the American people from health threats, investigating emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in protecting the health and safety of people here and around the world.
- Manage and contain information security incidents and events to protect corporate information technology (IT) assets, intellectual property, and regulated data;
- Facilitate an information security governance structure through the implementation and oversight of an appropriate governance program;
- Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive cybersecurity program with organizational units;
- Lead the development, planning, and coordination of the information security and privacy operations related to cybersecurity and privacy programs;
- Develop and enhance an up-to-date information security management framework using standards and policies;
- Implement practices that meet policies and standards for information security and privacy with business units and partners;
- Identify and evaluate the legal and regulatory requirements for information technology and cybersecurity risk to information assets while supporting and advancing the mission and business objectives;
- Serve as a senior advisor and program administrator to the CDC Chief Information Officer;
- Facilitate information security risk assessment and risk management processes with organizational units;
- Implement and maintain CDC’s cybersecurity program to ensure that information assets and associated technology, applications, systems, infrastructure, and processes are adequately protected in the digital ecosystem;
- Drug screening required.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- This position requires completion of a public financial disclosure report.
- Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- You must serve a one-year probationary period unless you previously completed one year in the Senior Executive Service.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Background and/or Security investigation, if selected for position.
- Resume, no more than five (5) numbered pages, recommended.
- Moving expenses may be authorized.
- Recruitment and Relocation incentives may be authorized.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A