Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The incumbent serves as an expert network specialist in CDC (enterprise) network communications for the network infrastructure and authentication environment and in network interfaces between the data center and the WAN/LAN/Cloud environment.
- Conduct ongoing research of new network infrastructure and authentication services, networking and related technologies for potential CDC wide use.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide senior technical leadership, oversight, and stewardship over government and contractor technological resources within the scope of the position.
- Provide ongoing oversight and direction to staff responsible for consultation and problem management functions.
- Provide ongoing oversight and direction to staff responsible for configuration planning, monitoring.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: No
- Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Relocation Incentive may be authorized: Yes
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Public Trust/Moderate Background Investigation (5) is required.
- Student loan repayment incentive may be authorized: No
- Supervisory position: No
- Recruitment Incentive may be authorized: No
- Promotion potential: Yes, this position has promotion potential to _GS-13___. Promotion to the next grade level is at management’s discretion and is based on your meeting qualifications and time-in-grade requirements, demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and administrative approval. Promotion to the next grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A