Website California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
Under the administrative direction of the Deputy Director, Fiscal Services, the Associate Director, Budget Management Branch (BMB) is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, setting policies, and administering the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s statewide budget. The Associate Director, BMB provides policy direction and oversight of budget management services for all juvenile facilities, adult institutions, adult and juvenile parole operations, rehabilitative programs, and administration and operation support.
- Program Administration: Through subordinate managers, administer a comprehensive long-range program for the custody, housing, classification, work, academic and vocational education, training, discipline, and appeals of inmates. Administer the religious, recreational and other activities of inmates and meet with inmates as warranted. Through the Business Manager, administer the business management activities of the institution, including preparation and management of the budget, maintenance of buildings and grounds, procurement and control of equipment and supplies, food preparation and services, clothing, sanitation, health and safety, and related services. Through subordinate managers, administer the institution programs for recruitment and selection, affirmative action and labor relations.
- Management and Supervision: Establish and maintain an accountability system to demonstrate that programs, activities, and actions of individual employees are consistent with law, the Director’s rules and policies, and judicial decisions. Coordinate institutional programs with other institutional and departmental programs to ensure operational effectiveness. Provide leadership by delegating and exercising appropriate controls over the activities of subordinates. Participate in selection of subordinates, evaluate their performance, and take or recommend appropriate action.
- Policy and Program Development and Evaluation: Serve as a member of the Warden’s policy setting executive staff. Develop, interpret and administer policies and procedures governing the operation of the institution. Direct staff and ad hoc task groups in reviewing the effectiveness of institutional policies and activities, resolve operational problems, and direct the preparation of reports and statistical analyses. Represent the Warden in policy and decision-making meetings within the Institution, the Department, and with other agencies and organizations. Act on behalf of the Warden in his/her absence and as directed.
- Possession of Minimum Qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If you are meeting Minimum Qualifications with education, you must include your unofficial transcripts/diploma for verification. Official transcripts may be required upon appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the Minimum Qualifications, the candidate will be withheld from the eligibility list, rendering them inactive and ineligible to be hired for the position. Candidates who have been withheld may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board.
- Candidates new to CDCR or the Division of Administrative Services are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan Fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis testing prior to appointment followed by department annual Tuberculosis testing/evaluation thereafter.
- Do not include any confidential information on any documents you submit for a job vacancy, such as your State application, resume, or educational transcripts. Confidential information that should be excluded or removed from these documents includes, but is not limited to, your Social Security Number (SSN), birthdate, student identification number, driver’s license number (unless required), basis of eligibility, examination results, LEAP status, marital status, and age. Confidential information on the first page of applications submitted electronically online, such as Easy ID number, SSN, examination related information, and driver’s license number will automatically be redacted upon submission.
Company: California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stockton, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A