Website California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
Under the direction of the Staff Services Manager I, Personnel Section, the Associate Governmental Program Analyst or Personnel Liaison is responsible for analyzing, facilitating and coordinating various Personnel and Business Services functions throughout the Parole Region and maintains effective communication with CDCR Headquarters and DAPO Headquarters. The Personnel Liaison advises Supervisors and Administrators on issues relating to various staff personnel services and functions. The Personnel Liaison has access to confidential databases that contain employees’ personal information.
- 30% LIAISON: Reviews separation packets with employees and ensures all forms are complete. Processes Carrying Concealed Weapon (CCW) forms, benefits forms, retirement badges, retirement certificates, etc. for separating employees. Administers Live Scans for retiring Peace Officers, volunteers, and contracted staff. Makes Identification (ID) cards for retirees, new hires, employees with expired or lost IDs and volunteers. Coordinates and processes payroll warrants for distribution to regional staff. Receives/reviews forms from staff such as Benefits forms, DMV Confidential forms, Employee Action Requests, etc. for completeness and forwards to the Office of Personnel Services (OPS) for processing. Interprets and explains various Departmental programs and policies to representatives of interested agencies or organizations.
- 30% RECONCILIATION/TRACKING: Reconciles the monthly Position Authority Report (PAR) with the State Controller’s Office (SCO) Report. Amends the regional organization charts and vacancy report with the changes/revisions and updates found from the reconciliation. Initiates, tracks and completes Retired Annuitant packages, Training and Development Assignments and Out-of-Class Assignments. Notifies Administration and DAPO Headquarters when discrepancies are uncovered.
- 35% INITIATOR/PREPARER: Initiates Request for Personnel Actions (RPAs) when position movement such as recruiting for vacancies; re-classifications, re-directs, placing an employee into a blanket position, establishing new positions and unit/serial number changes are required which requires input into the Business Information System (BIS) database. Maintains Southern Region’s organization charts, vacancy report and SharePoint. Uses a screening matrix to screen applications when Office of Workforce Planning (OWP) reveals the redacted applications in the Exam and Cert Online System (ECOS). Enters vacancies into the SharePoint database. Receives Hiring Manager Reports of eligible applicants from OWP and prepares/processes packets for interviews. Contact Administrators/Managers/Supervisors to request interview dates and interview panel names. Prepares Hire Packets for submission to the Hiring Authority for approval.
- 5% OTHER: Performs special assignments as assigned by the regional Administrators such as contacting other agencies requesting information regarding Human Resources policy or procedure.
- Possession of Minimum Qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If you are meeting Minimum Qualifications with education, you must include your unofficial transcripts/diploma for verification. Official transcripts may be required upon appointment. If it is determined a candidate does not meet the Minimum Qualifications, the candidate will be withheld from the eligibility list, rendering them inactive and ineligible to be hired for the position. Candidates who have been withheld may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board.
- Do NOT include ANY confidential information on any documents you submit for a job vacancy, such as your State application, resume, or educational transcripts. Confidential information that should be excluded or removed from these documents includes, but is not limited to, your Social Security Number (SSN), birthdate, student identification number, driver’s license number (unless required), basis of eligibility, examination results, LEAP status, marital status, and age. Confidential information on the first page of applications submitted electronically online, such as Easy ID number, SSN, examination related information, and driver’s license number will automatically be redacted upon submission.
- Candidates new to CDCR or the Division of Juvenile Justice are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis testing prior to appointment followed by departmental annual Tuberculosis testing/evaluation thereafter.
Company: California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A