Website California Highway Patrol
This class is designed to be used in a California Highway Patrol area office or substation with nine or fewer patrol cars or to assist an Automotive Technician in a larger area office. Incumbents will be assigned a combination of duties in automotive maintenance and records, office janitorial work, and outside grounds maintenance as required by the job
- Moving and re-arranging furniture.
- Refill kitchen and restroom supply dispensers.
- Performance maintenance on floors such as stripping wax, waxing, buffing, and polishing floors.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms and kitchen.
- Clean, dust, and polish surface areas, light fixtures, windows, doors, and furniture.
- Dry mop bare floors in the briefing room, de-briefing room, lobby, hallways, locker rooms, restrooms, and kitchen. Clean and vacuum carpets and rugs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sweep and clean carport, sidewalk, and entrance.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Polish metal work.
- Empty and clean waste receptacles. Move, lift, and transport waste/recyclables to collection container.
- One year of experience in one or a combination of the following: (In appraising experience, emphasis will be placed upon its recency and breadth.)
- Servicing automobiles, in another type of vehicle repair facility including the removal and replacement of tires, batteries, and accessories.
- One year of experience performing the duties of a Janitor in a California Highway Patrol area office or substation, including some experience in the maintenance and servicing of patrol vehicles.
- Possession of a driver license valid for the operation of any two- axle single motor vehicle and one towed vehicle (i.e., a trailer with a gross weight of 6,000 pounds or less). and Either I One year of experience in the California state service performing the duties of a Service Assistant (Automotive).
- Working in a shop of an automotive agency or garage. or.
Company: California Highway Patrol (CHP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A