Applications Developers analyze, develop and deploy information/software systems to enhance CIA’s capabilities to collect, produce, and disseminate intelligence
As an Applications Developer for CIA, you will analyze, develop and deploy innovative information/software systems and capabilities to enhance the CIA’s capabilities to collect, produce, and disseminate intelligence. Utilizing your education and experience as a Computer Scientist, Software Engineer, or Web Designer and Publisher, you will directly support analysis, intelligence collection, and other business. Applications Developers participate in team environments via structured development lifecycles: analyze and define local and/or enterprise information system requirements, perform system/application design, develop capability prototypes, develop and implement operational information systems, and conduct unit and integration testing of application modules. You also have the opportunity for hands-on research and exploration of leading-edge commercial technologies through application/integration of technology in delivering IT solutions..
- CIA is a drug-free workforce. The issue of illegal drug use is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
- You must apply online, while in the United States.
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC, area.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national U.S. citizens are eligible).
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Computer Engineering
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Computer Science
- Big data concepts and technologies, such as: Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive, Solr, Cloudera, MapReduce, R, Spark, Kafka, NiFi, and the ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack
- Information Systems
- Experience in one or more of the following areas.
Company: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A