Website City of Anaheim
The City of Anaheim Public Utilities Department is seeking professionals to work as an Associate Power Engineer in the Transmission and Distribution Electric Capital Projects Division and in the SCADA/Automation or System Protection Divisions.
- Coordinate activities of system users, service agencies, and vendors; evaluate resource utilization.
- Analyze potential load requirements; prepare AutoCAD drawings for developers; coordinate and oversee the development of construction plans; determine material requirements and project fee schedules.
- Design electrical schematics that include transformers, switches, capacitors, cables, poles, fault indicators, splices, street lights and other electrical materials. Calculate transformer size, cable length, voltage drop, and other power requirements necessary to serve new electrical demand.
- Calculate and issue protective device settings for electric distribution system and large customers including fuse sizing and fault interrupter settings; provide engineering support to T&D Engineering for electric distribution protection.
- Prepare preliminary and final plans, designs, cost estimates, schedules and specifications for electric utility projects including transmission, distribution, street light, and underground conversion projects.
- Perform short circuit studies for the protection coordination of the transmission system; simulate fault events utilizing protective relay coordination software.
- Design and recommend standards and procedures for SCADA systems; plan and implement expansions and modifications to the SCADA system; design and test SCADA master applications.
- Design, develop, and specify SCADA system modifications; prepare design and construction documentation; perform calculations; prepare purchase requisitions related to SCADA, system automation projects and activities.
- Calculate and issue protective relay settings for substation equipment and transmission line protection.
- Candidates possess the knowledge of principles and practices of electric power system engineering and project administration; techniques related to electrical system and load analysis and planning; controls engineering, telecommunications systems, load research, automating distribution and transmission systems; budget preparation and administration; electric utility transmission and distribution engineering design, construction and work methods; field inspection procedures; methods, materials and techniques used in the design and construction of a wide variety of electric utility projects; principles of advanced mathematics and their application to engineering work; recent developments, current literature and sources of information regarding electrical engineering; office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
- Must have at least two years of responsible professional electrical engineering experience supplemented by a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in electrical engineering or a related field. An equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to perform the essential job functions and provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Engineer-In-Training Certificate is required for this position (a copy of your certificate must be attached to your application at the time of submission). Possession of a State of California registration as a Professional Electrical Engineer is highly desirable, but not required to be considered for this position.
Company: City of Anaheim
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A