Website The City of Bakersfield
Under general direction, is responsible for performing complex, specialized office and field work related to a variety of subjects based on assignment within the Department; including: economic development, redevelopment, community development, affordable housing development, neighborhood vitality and homeless services; including planning, financial management, monitoring grant compliance, contract administration, subrecipient and development monitoring, preparation of plans and reports, and serving as a resource to other City staff, outside agencies, and the public in answering questions, providing information, and assistance; and performs other duties as assigned.
Plans, organizes, and performs assignments pertaining to economic development, redevelopment, community development, homeless services, affordable housing, historic preservation and/or adaptive reuse; Implements local, State, and Federal program regulations relating to economic development, community development, homeless services and/or affordable housing; Coordinates with other City Departments and government agencies involved with economic development, community development, homeless services and/or affordable housing projects and programs, including legal counsel, public works, and consultants; Conducts complex environmental review determinations (California Environmental Quality Act/ National Environmental Policy Act) and coordinates with consultants/developers on environmental compliance; Performs research and prepares a variety of comprehensive reports, proposals, and studies; Organizes and performs assignments pertaining to activities for economic and community development, affordable housing and homeless services programs, including but not limited to CDBG, HOME, ESG, HOPWA and other Federal or State programs; Investigates difficult or complex planning problems; Represents the City at community meetings and public meetings as directed by supervisor; Serves as liaison between City Departments and various community organizations.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Three (3) years of professional planning, economic development, community development, and / or real estate experience preferably at the local government level; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the capabilities to perform the described duties.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Public Administration, Planning or related field; AND
- Possession of a valid Class “C” California driver’s license
- Certification via the International Economic Development Council (IEDC), or similar
Company: The City of Bakersfield
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A