Website City of Huntington Beach
Under direction, provides a variety of computer hardware and software services to end users for the operation and use of computer hardware, software, and related peripherals; provides individual and coordinates group training on various computer software topics; coordinates a variety of information technology projects; installs and maintains specialized software; and performs related duties, as assigned.
- Receives and responds to issues with respect to software application performance or reliability; investigates, diagnoses, and isolates problems; takes appropriate action by either resolving the issues, referring to other information technology staff, or contacting a third-party vendor; provides clients with status updates on actions taken, cost impact, and timeline for resolution; offers temporary solutions if problem cannot be resolved within an appropriate timeframe; distributes training manuals and documentation to assist users in resolving problems.
- Upgrades server applications and migrates servers from on-premise to virtual machines.
- Monitors computer systems, networks, and applications for performance and resource utilization; diagnoses and resolves application and/or Local Area Network (LAN) connectivity problems and system hardware conflicts.
- Installs, sets up, relocates, configures, troubleshoots, and supports computer hardware, software, peripherals, and related equipment; installs and configures software upgrades; configures and performs tuning of operating systems to enhance PC performance; installs and configures network interfaces and Internet connections; diagnoses network cable and configuration problems.
- Coordinates a variety of information technology projects, such as departmental or City-wide system installations; coordinates with vendors involved in implementing information technology projects; conducts need assessments and hardware and software research and evaluation.
- Installs and maintains specialized software, including performing setup functions, developing associated file structures, report formats and input forms, ensuring file security, performing data entry to populate associated databases, and documenting procedures; works with department staff and vendors to diagnose and solve software and data-related problems; provides user orientation and training on programs.
- Identifies table relationships and writes Structured Query Language (SQL) data manipulation scripts to extract data for other City departments; troubleshoots data extraction issues; performs database queries and develops reports using SQL and other report development tools.
- Obtain accurate and complete information from users to identify their needs and problems.
- Transform business processes into software solutions.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors to develop hardware and software recommendations, programming changes, and enhancements.
- Integrate information systems needs of City departments with the City’s information technology systems, infrastructure, and policies, procedures, and standards.
- Modern equipment and communication tools used for business functions and program, project, and task coordination, including computers and software programs relevant to work performed.
- Provide professional support to a diverse range of on-premise and web-based applications used in the City.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and City staff.
- Principles, methods, and techniques in the design and operation of information systems for standard computer platforms and peripherals.
- City and mandated safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- The structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Basic accounting, statistical, business, and office procedures commonly supported by system applications..
Qualifications & Experience:
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in applications analysis, design, and development, or a related field.
- Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, to be maintained throughout employment.
Company: City of Huntington Beach
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Corona, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A