Website City of Corona
Under general supervision, performs a diverse range of professional engineering duties involving research, design, and construction within the public right-of-way for potable water, reclaimed water, sewer improvements, and other public works infrastructure, capital improvement, and construction projects; prepares and/or participates in the preparation and review of preliminary and final engineering plans and cost estimates associated with subdivisions, and/or new construction, cost analysis studies, specifications, and schedules; quality controls engineering designs performed by consulting engineers for the City; performs plan checks of tenant improvement and developer projects to ensure conformance with City standards; provides technical support to management in assigned engineering program area; acts as project manager for public works construction projects and/or new developments; and performs related duties, as assigned.
- Conducts professional engineering studies relating to present activities and future projects; prepares reports and makes recommendations relating to the conduct of engineering activities or to the acceptance of contracts and bids received for proposed projects.
- Inspects project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety standards.
- Prepares and/or participates in the preparation and review of preliminary and final engineering plans, cost estimates, cost analysis studies, specifications, and schedules for public works and utilities projects including roads, sewers, water systems, and storm drain projects.
- Performs field investigations to confirm existing site conditions for proposed project submittals; checks location of water and sewer services, existing private utilities, street and sidewalk conditions, and any potential constraints which may be of concern for the project.
- Serves as project manager on routine projects; prepares and monitors project schedules; monitors and reviews project design and construction activities; monitors contractor’s work.
- Assists developers, property owners, and contractors with obtaining potable or reclaimed construction water meters; issues requests for installation; prepares and provides permits and source maps.
- Researches, coordinates, and reviews proposed right-of-way alignments and the vacation of existing rights-of-way; prepares documentation for easement acquisitions and coordinates with the City’s Right-of-Way agent; reviews and implements permit requirements in the design of facilities; prepares project check lists, deeds, and exhibits.
- Performs a variety of engineering calculations on assigned projects.
- Design engineering projects.
- Modern equipment and communication tools used for business functions and program, project, and task coordination, including computers and software programs relevant to work performed.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and City staff.
- Interpret and explain design criteria, policies, ordinances, and procedures.
- The structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Prepare, conduct, and evaluate engineering studies; research, analyze, and summarize data; perform accurate engineering calculations and cost estimates.
- Perform a diverse range of professional engineering tasks in the design, development, and oversight of City civil engineering and construction projects.
- City and mandated safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
Company: City of Corona
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Corona, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A