Website City of Fremont
Interviews and elicits personal information from clients, and program information from service providers; provides assistance to clients such as completion of forms, clarifies documentation discrepancies, and resolves issues related to clients needs and requests.
- Conducts mobility and transportation assessments with seniors and persons with disabilities to determine most appropriate service referrals.
- Conducts Travel Training Workshops (in English and Mandarin) that teach older adults (55 years and older) and persons with disabilities how to use local buses and BART within Alameda County.
- Organizes and conducts outreach (1:1 education as well as group presentations) about mobility and transportation resources, including public transit, paratransit, older driver safety, subsidized taxi services, volunteer driver programs, etc.
- Conveys general information regarding program services and interprets policies and regulations to clients, other agencies, and the community.
- Performs follow-up evaluations with program participants to track their experience using public transit and other transportation services.
- A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be: completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units from an accredited college with coursework in social work, counseling, sociology, nursing, gerontology, or human services related fields based on assignment.
- At least two years of experience in a field directly related to the assignment is required working as an employee, intern or volunteer in a social services environment serving senior citizens and/or individuals with disabilities.
Company: City of Fremont
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A