Website City of Fremont
The City of Fremont is looking for an Assistant Chef to join the crew at the City-operated Age Well Center. Under direction of the Chef/Food Services Manager, the Assistant Chef will participate in the preparation, serving and clean up of meals for seniors as well as some catering engagements. The Assistant Chef may substitute for the Chef/Food Service Manager in the latter’s absence. The work schedule for this position is approximately 32 hours per week. The typical work hours are 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Weekend and evening work is rarely required.
- Participates in receiving and inventory of ordered food and kitchen supplies.
- Conducts inventory of food and kitchen supplies; Ensures food and supplies are properly stored.
- Maintains and cleans food service equipment such as dishes, flatware, pots, pans, serving equipment, stoves, sinks and floors.
- Participates in the set up and break down of the food serving line.
- Ensures proper food temperatures and proper food storage best practices are followed.
- Purchases food and supplies that are needed immediately from off site locations.
- Returns food service equipment to correct location after use/cleaning.
- Prepares food and coordinates food service for participants.
- Receives and responds to customer requests.
- Participates in the serving of food.
- Strong customer service skills are essential and experience working with seniors is preferred.
- Eighteen (18) months of experience in food preparation in a quantity food services facility.
- Possession of a Serve Safe Certification is required.
- Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License is required. This classification requires the ability to travel independently within and outside of City limits.
- Ability to safely lift and carry up to fifty (50) pound boxes or bags is required.
- Course work in a culinary program and/or an accredited vocational institution which includes quantity food preparation, equipment sanitation, and safe work practices may be substituted for six (6) months of the required experience.
Company: City of Fremont
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Fremont, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A