Website City of Glendale
Classifications in this series assist with the operation of the Civic Auditorium and other City facilities and special events.
- Assists in staffing a park, picnic, or other special events at City facilities.
- Sets up and removes tables, chairs, risers, P/A sound equipment, and other heavy equipment which may weigh up to 80 pounds.
- Opens up buildings and facilities for events and is responsible for proper closing procedures. Performs routine inspections of public buildings and facilities in an attempt to maintain cleanliness.
- Hauls, delivers and/or unloads trash, debris, and/or equipment such as tables, chairs, sound system, video equipment, canopies, staging, and generators.
- Drives various types of vehicles and trucks to deliver and pick up equipment citywide.
- Notifies supervisor of any accidents, incidents, and/or injuries, and any problems or repairs needed to equipment or facilities.
- May be required to attend and complete various training classes. May collect parking fees and assist civic office services employees to reconcile deposits, and may be asked to operate the parking booth (collect money for guest parking) on an as needed basis.
- Transports, deploys, and operates stage facilities, lighting equipment, or audio and visual equipment.
- Performs general maintenance of the Civic Auditorium, other city facilities and during special citywide events. This includes, but is not limited to: cleaning restrooms, sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and vacuuming offices,
- washing windows, removing trash, changing light bulbs, painting, setting-up and distributing electrical power as needed, before, during and after each event.
- Deploy and operate audio-visual equipment.
- Complete and pass driver’s training certified course.
- Safety practices applicable to setting up and removing events.
- Provide exceptional customer service to the community, clients, youth, patrons, and other Department staff.
- Basic math, such as addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- Deal effectively with individuals and groups,
- Cash handling procedures and basic accounting practices.
Qualification & Experience:
- Valid Class C California driver’s license.
- Graduation from high school or attainment of GED or CHSPE certificate.
- One year of recent, paid work experience working directly with the general public, performing general maintenance, and/or event set-up in a multipurpose public assembly or special event.
Company: City of Glendale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Administrative
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A