Website City of Glendale
This is a mid-management classification that exercises a higher level of independent judgment; and may be assigned supervision or leadership over Case Worker I position(s).
- Counsel clients on job preparation and in demand occupations, including assistance with resume preparation and interview skills development.
- Responsible for follow-up and post-exit services after client completes services at the VJC. Initiate & maintain personal contacts with businesses, industry representatives, and job placement agencies to support job seeker employment.
- Participate in planning and implementation of targeted grant recruitment & outreach activities. Present information on programs & services to the general public.
- Plan and coordinate job fairs.
- Identify work experience and on the job training sites.
- Assess clients to determine appropriate employment services & make referrals as applicable.
- Keep abreast of labor market information, business needs, industry trends and employment related skills, and advise applicants on this information.
- Assess employability based on such factors as education, experience, and skills and provide and Develop and implement Individual Employment Plan\ accordingly; Assess client-occupational training needs.
- Administer workshops on a variety of career, employment & human resource related topics.
- Identify appropriate clients for enrollment in grants administered at the Verdugo Jobs Center (VJC).
- Establishing & maintaining cooperative relationships with a variety of participants, social service providers, employers, and/or educational institutions.
- Analysis of Labor Market Information.
- Assessing small business needs to make appropriate referrals.
- Assessment methods and ability to implement program changes where appropriate.
- Preparing and presenting accurate, comprehensive, and concise reports and recommendations.
- Use general office software (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, Outlook e-mail, and other databases) as well as other housing and/or workforce related Internet resources.
- Fundamentals of business operations and ability to deliver employer services such as a variety of business assistance programs and information resources, when applicable.
- Exceptional customer service practices.
- Community resources.
- Techniques used to assist clients in developing and implementing a suitable employment plan and to support customers through or job search, culminating in permanent housing and/or employment.
Company: City of Glendale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glendale, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A