Website City of Grand Prairie
The City of Grand Prairie Parks, Arts and Recreation Department is seeking a creative, innovative individual with exceptional leadership skills and a passion for customer service to be the new Epic Manager. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Operations, the Epic Manager, plans, organizes and directs the operations and administration of the Epic staff. This position supervises over 100 employees, monitors budget expenditures, coordinates initiates, and maintains effective relationships with its members, guests, civic groups, contractors and the community. This position is responsible for marketing and promoting the facility, developing short-term and long-term goals to obtain maximum cost recovery, and working with third-party management agents and/or businesses to ensure operational and financial goals of the Epic are achieved.
- Delivers and practices the highest standards of customer service to all members, employees, contractors, visitors, and the citizens of Grand Prairie.
- Plans, directs and supervises operational and financial components of the facility. Develops and effectively administers and manages operational and capital budgets to include revenue generation, operational costs, and cost recovery metrics.
- Plans, directs, and executes multidisciplinary approach to all recreational programs, events, and arts components in the facility. Provides further instruction, sales and guidance over programming and expectations with media arts, theater arts, production, arts and recording service.
- Develops and implements programming, advertising, marketing and promotional plans/strategies. Provides public relations by managing activities with internal staff and external agencies. Markets the facility by attending various meetings and networking in the business community. Provides public education by creating and implementing marketing plans; creating advertising campaigns; coordinating activities with in-house marketing staff.
- Work requires managing and monitoring work performance by directing subordinate supervisors or administrators, including making final decisions on hiring and disciplinary actions, evaluating program/work objectives and effectiveness, and realigning work and staffing assignments, as needed.
- Work may require providing advice to others outside direct reporting relationships on specific problems or general policies.
- Contacts may require the consideration of different points of view to reach agreement.
- Elements of persuasion may be necessary to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Parks and Recreation, Hospitality Management, Business, Marketing or related field and three years of experience, including two years of supervisory/management experience in a recreation, resort or fitness center.
Company: City of Grand Prairie
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A