Website City of Grand Prairie
The purpose of this position is to maintain City property and right-of-ways under the supervision of the Litter Crew Leader. This is accomplished by cleaning City right-of ways on designated routes as well as responding to citizens’ complaints. Other duties include assisting landfill operations projects, operating and maintaining equipment and assisting with special projects as well as electronics recycling events. This position also assists other departments as needed; and interacts with other City employees and citizens.
- Maintains the city right-of-way by removing litter and illegally dumped items. Regularly monitors areas known for illegal dumping.
- Removes debris caused from extreme weather conditions by cleaning debris such as fallen trees, inlets, curbs and gutters of debris and interacting with other city employees and citizens.
- Participates at special events and projects as and when needed
- Provides customer service to the public by providing information as requested.
- Reports to the Litter Crew Leader
- High School or GED required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and physically able to walk several miles a day as well as with constant bending and lifting
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Must be willing to work on some Saturdays as needed
- Closing Date/Time: 2/26/2021 5:00 PM Central
Qualification & Experience:
Company: City of Grand Prairie
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Grand Prairie, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A