Website City of Irvine
The Applications/Programmer Analyst will perform system and database administration of our most critical public safety systems. This individual will troubleshoot, test, support, and deploy applications and maintain a relationship with the vendors to quickly resolve issues.
- Administer continuous support functions for all public safety automated systems.
- Analyze department processes and identify potential technology solutions.
- Resolve complex and critical problems and respond for emergent situations.
- Manage public safety databases and input updates to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
- Produce custom reports using database and report writing tools.
- Serve as the department’s database administrator.
- Perform system administration tests such as database security management and disaster recovery.
- Ability to design and maintain high availability and quality databases.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, and SQL.
- Knowledge of public safety information systems and MS SQL.
- Strong ability to plan and direct complex technical projects from inception to completion.
- Three (3) years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities described above, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field.
- Requires written and verbal communication skills to communicate complex technical information with those who may not be familiar. Experienced with network protocols, computer hardware, and software.
Company: City of Irvine
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irvine, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A