Website City of Laredo
Cleans and maintains all buildings and structures in public use assuring the facilities are clean and safe at all times.
- Dusts chairs, tables, shelves, and other furniture or equipment.
- Uses PPE and disinfects areas as required.
- Washes windows, walls, woodwork, and A/C vents.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms; replaces toilet paper and paper towels.
- Vacuums, sweeps, mops, and buffs the floors; shampoos carpets.
- Places hazard signs to warn public of possible slick floor.
- Collects and disposes of refuse such as papers, cans, newspapers, and coffee cups.
- Cleans and polishes furniture, brass, and other metal and woodwork.
- Cleans sidewalks and outside areas of debris.
- Replaces light bulbs in a timely manner.
- Hangs the United States and Texas flags on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, methods, equipment, and procedures.
- Knowledge of general carpentry, electrical, plumbing work, air conditioning and heating systems.
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions.
- Ability to exercise care in the use of cleaning materials.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting and routine manual cleaning tasks.
- Ability to maintain a valid Texas Driver License and a good driving record.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with other employees and respond to general public complaints.
- Ability to project a positive and professional image of the City of Laredo.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing in the English language and orally in the Spanish language.
- Ability to comply with all City of Laredo’s policies and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least one (1) year of custodial or general maintenance experience.
- Valid Texas Driver License
Company: City of Laredo
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Laredo, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A