Website City of McAllen
Under general supervision and procedural control of the Pool Manager through delegated authority of the Coordinator under the Aquatic Superintendent, the Cashier clerk is responsible for collecting entry fees and conducting cashiering and related clerical functions for the City of McAllen Aquatic and Outdoor Recreation facilities. The employee provides direct customer services to the public which requires the utmost tact, courtesy and diplomacy.
- Serves as a professional cashiering representative.
- Processes customer fees for Pool and Outdoor Recreation admittance.
- Provides the customer with complete and accurate information about Aquatic and Outdoor Recreation Facility rules, regulations and dress-code policies.
- Processes customer request for services.
- Provides continuous service to the public frequently involving sensitive matters.
- Reconciles cash drawer with Pool Manager.
- Assists in meeting overall program objectives, safety and quality.
- Assists in maintaining outdoor recreation and pool facilities in a safe and sanitary condition by performing tasks as requested by the manager or his/her superior.
- Assists in keeping work area cleaned and sanitized, to always have it ready for the next shift.
- Maintains strict but courteous enforcement of all rules and regulations included within the manual.
- Follows orders and requests of the Pool Manager, Pool Coordinator and/or the Aquatics Superintendent.
- Maintains courteous, friendly and cheerful to all pool and outdoor recreation guests and fellow employee’s in the performance of his/her duties.
- Reports potentially hazardous and unsafe conditions to the Pool Manager or Parks and Recreation Department.
- Must be enrolled or have obtained a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have general understanding of cash handling, counting money and reconciling cash records.
- Must be able to communicate verbally in English and Spanish.
- Must be able to use basic arithmetic to compute and change currency.
- Must be able to count money and give change in U.S. Dollars.
- Must be able to communicate with all kinds of people.
- Must be able to perform routine work and repetitive tasks with accuracy.
- Must be able to meet the public in a courteous manner, using tact and diplomacy.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: City of McAllen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A