Website City of McKinney
Under general supervision, performs technical tasks in the operation, maintenance and repair of the water distribution and wastewater collection system. Employees in this classification perform technical, manual work. This position is responsible for repairing water leaks, repairing and installing sewer and water mains, and operates and maintains moderate to complex equipment. Performs related work as required.
In order for us to continue to achieve our primary function of making McKinney a better place to live, work, and raise a family, we hold these expectations for all employees.
- Learn and demonstrate an understanding of how team, department, and City goals are interconnected.
- Contribute to a positive work culture.
- Ability to assess his/her work performance or the work performance of the team.
- Contribute to the development of others and/or the working unit or overall organization.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, to demonstrate team skills, and to perform a fair share of team responsibilities.
- Ability to continuously learn and develop through a mix of internal and external training opportunities, and if applicable, encourage subordinates to do the same.
- Comply with all written City policies and procedures.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in City and department attendance policies and procedures.
- Drives to and from work locations as assigned.
- Inspects job sites and enforces safety procedures.
- Operates, checks, and maintains moderate to complex equipment.
- Responds to citizen complaints and concerns.
- Installs new water mains of various sizes.
- Disinfects and prepares new mains for testing and sampling.
- Locates and repairs water leaks on water mains.
- Makes water taps for various size water mains.
- Locates and repairs sewer mains and manholes.
- Locates and unblocks stoppages in sewer mains.
- Responds to emergency situations after hours or on weekends.
- Maintains/upgrades manholes.
- Operates jet flusher and dump truck.
- Ability to embrace and embody the City’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (R.I.S.E.).
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and people to whom service is provided.
- Ability to produce desired work outcomes, including quality, quantity, and timeliness.
- Ability to plan and organize work, time, and resources, and if applicable, that of subordinates.
- Requires the ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize, and/or analyze data and/or information. Includes exercising discretion in determining data classification, and in referencing such analysis to established standards for the purpose of recognizing actual or probable interactive effects and relationships.
- Requires the ability provide guidance, assistance, and/or interpretation to others on how to apply procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of descriptive data and information, such as water and sewer maps, equipment operator manuals, and line locates.
- Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; ability to calculate decimals and percentages; ability to utilize principles of fractions; ability to interpret graphs.
- Requires ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Involves semi-routine standardized work with some latitude for independent judgment concerning choices of action.
Company: City of McKinney
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: McKinney, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A