Website City of Moreno Valley
Under supervision and in a training capacity, performs routine field inspections of public and private property to ensure compliance with City municipal and building code provisions; explains regulations relating to municipal and building codes to the public; and performs related duties as assigned.
- Performs routine inspections and re-inspections of public and private property to ensure compliance with City municipal and building codes, including inspections of substandard buildings and housing properties; investigates and determines existence and type of municipal or building code violations and recommends corrective actions to bring about compliance; determines time frames for compliance achievement; issues verbal warnings, notices of violation, notices to abate nuisances and administrative citations in accordance with City Municipal Codes, administrative policies and division policies; issues notices of non-compliance; maintains an active caseload and documents investigations and inspections made.
- Answers inquiries from and advises property owners, builders and the public regarding compliance with City municipal and building codes; responds to citizen complaints regarding potential code violations; conducts research regarding property ownership, current and past permits and applications and applicable codes; prepares administrative search or seizure warrants or warrants for demolition; obtains warrants to perform inspections of property, abatements of property or to demolish buildings; coordinates code enforcement actions with other City departments and other governmental agencies when necessary; represents the City in court and testifies regarding code violations.
- Participates in neighborhood projects, including neighborhood clean-up and enhancement projects; determines locations of neighborhood events; distributes fliers and prepares correspondence to citizens regarding City-sponsored neighborhood events; ensures dumpsters are in place and hazardous materials are not dumped in dumpsters; checks equipment out of clean sweep trailer.
- Issues written warning and parking citations to illegally or improperly parked vehicles and abandoned vehicles; responds to or initiates abandoned vehicle cases; works with property owners to have vehicles removed; notifies vehicle owners of need to remove their vehicles; makes arrangements with towing companies to have abandoned vehicles towed away; completes incident forms and junk slips and enters vehicle information into NCIC.
- Processes vendor permit requests, including scheduling appointments, reviewing documentation for authenticity and completeness and contacting issuing agencies to confirm vendor status; creates and generates vendor identification cards; inspects vendor vehicles for compliance; issues and affixes vendor vehicle tags to vehicles and vendor identification cards; coordinates vendor sweeps with local government and law enforcement agencies; contacts vendors that are illegally selling, peddling or soliciting in the City; issues court citations and documents items being sold; seizes items being sold and documents storage of evidence as necessary; testifies at court hearings as needed.
- Recognize conditions that constitute code violations.
- Analyze potential code violations accurately and adopt effective resolution processes.
- Research and interpret building and municipal codes.
- Perform code enforcement activities with minimum supervision.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare clear and concise reports and documentation.
- Make sound judgments within established guidelines.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and complex issues and situations.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: City of Moreno Valley
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A