Website City of Moreno Valley
Under the supervision of the Crossing Guard Supervisor, this position will escort school children across streets; maintain order among children; and report suspicious persons who loiter near crossings, schools, and playgrounds. Duties will require approximately four hour daily in three shifts. An Alternate Crossing Guard is a temporary position and is not assigned a permanent post; the duties are otherwise the same.
- Stop traffic by displaying warning signs.
- Regulate, direct, and control pedestrians and traffic at a designated school crossing while children are going to and from school.
- Report suspicious persons who loiter near crossings, schools, and playgrounds.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Maintain order among children.
- Personally assist school age children and other members of the community across City intersections during designated school days and times to ensure safety.
- Obtain license numbers of vehicles violating the pedestrian right-of-way, and submit this information to the Police Department..
- Have good hearing and see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
- Follow verbal and written directions.
- Present a wholesome, confident image and example to children, parents, and school officials.
- Cope with traffic situations.
- Maintain order among groups of children at intersections.
- Interact effectively with children, parents, school district staff, and the public.
- Stand for 2-3 hours at a time.
- Withstand diverse weather conditions;
- Use ether hand to hold a 3-pound sign up in the air for several minutes at a time..
Company: City of Moreno Valley
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moreno Valley, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A