Website City of Odessa
Entry-level position for non-certified Police Officer applicants. Receives mandatory orientation and training. May be assigned to various department operations until entry into the Odessa Police Academy. Entire responsibility of individual in this job category is to successfully complete orientation and the law enforcement academy in order to become a certified Police Officer. Continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the first available daytime law enforcement academy and obtaining a passing score on the TCOLE Peace Officer written test.
- Assists in various department operations.
- May work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Supports the departmental operations with regular and timely attendance.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Odessa and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Maintaining academic and professional standards in accordance with OPD policies.
- Following verbal and written instruction.
- Reading and understanding training materials and completing written, physical, and skills testing.
- Learning and applying training materials and training instructions.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Read/write and understand oral instruction.
- To work rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Successfully complete: oral interview board, 1/2 mile run in 5 minutes or less, entry level test, agility test, TABE9 Reading Comprehension test, background investigation, polygraph, medical physical, drug screen, vision test and psychological examination.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; OR have a completed college degree from an accredited college or university; OR have an honorable discharge from the armed forces of the United States after at least 24 months of active duty. Some college courses preferred as well as relative law enforcement experience preferred.
Company: City of Odessa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A