Website City of Round Rock
Under general supervision the Public Safety Communications Operator provides police, fire and animal control response to the public, as well as, non-emergency assistance tocitizens as well as interdepartmental and outside agency members.
- Utilizes radio channels and CAD systems to coordinate the work of police and fire personnel, other agencies, on a constant basis and when managing crisis incidents; document events in a records management system; maintain professional radio, telephone and CAD etiquette;
- Maintain awareness of all public safety and emergency units assigned and any resources requested; prioritize events and continually adjust based on incoming calls and changing factors; utilize local/regional mapping; maintain awareness of events handled by other 911 personnel; update incidents with information from callers, officers, and personnel.
- Maintains paperwork by processing warrants; enters criminal trespassing warrants, verify warrant entry paperwork free from error, file paper copies in filing cabinets, process rider forms; complete daily shift reports; attends daily shift briefing; maintains awareness of operation plans, enforcement programs and staffing levels.
- Assists persons using Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD)
- One (1) year of experience as a 911 Call Taker/Emergency Services Dispatcher, preference if currently holding a Texas Public Safety
- Communications License
- Two(2) years of work experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities (i.e., high volume call center, in-depth problem solving, priority management.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: City of Round Rock
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Round Rock, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A