Website City of San Diego
Assistant Engineer – Civil positions perform journey-level professional engineering work and may serve as design engineer with responsibility for all phases of a design project; perform complex construction inspection; check building and subdivision plans; perform planning engineering; storm water quality inspection, serve as project manager for engineering projects of average complexity; may supervise paraprofessional staff; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Professional Engineering Certifications.
- Storm water and street design engineering experience.
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) experience.
- Water and wastewater engineering experience.
- Experience with planning or managing construction within public right-of-way.
- Technical writing experience.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology experience..
Qualification & Experience:
- Additional qualifying professional civil engineering experience may be substituted for education lacked on a year-for-year basis. One year of full-time experience = 30 semester/45 quarter college-level units.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate issued from a state licensing board.
- Registration as a Professional Civil, Structural, or Traffic Engineer with a state licensing board.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related engineering field..
Company: City of San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A