Website City of San Diego
Contract Specialist positions open, negotiate, recommend contract award, administer and terminate various types of public works contracts including consulting, architectural and engineering projects, design, construction and construction management, and pre-purchased material and equipment contracts; assist in the preparation/distribution of Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Information (RFI), and/or Request for Proposal (RFP); assist in the preparation and dissemination of addenda; conduct pre-bid/pre-proposal meetings; review of bids/proposals and submittals for responsiveness; review bonding and insurances submittals; develop and maintain commercial terms and conditions of contracts; develop negotiation plans and strategies; prepare reports and correspondences; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of architectural engineering and design contracting practices.
- Proof of degree/transcripts, if utilized to meet the minimum requirements.
- For City of San Diego employees, proof of Out-of-Class Assignment (OCA), if utilized to meet the minimum requirements.
- Familiarity with negotiating labor disputes and/or labor compliance in a government or public agency setting.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a variety of computer software (e.g. Word, Excel, SAP, and labor compliance software).
- Familiarity or experience with local, state or federal laws as they apply to contract acquisition practices..
Company: City of San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A